Chinese New Year 2017
Bring in the Lunar New Year and the Year of the Rooster with the Chinese New Year Melbourne Festival.
Over 17 days from 27 January to 12 February, the festival will offer spectacular lighting installations, cultural performances, food experiences and activities designed to encourage people from diverse backgrounds to come together and celebrate. Docklands will come alive for the Lunar New Year as one of four event precincts, alongside Queensbridge, Queen Vic Market and the Yarra river.
Join in the celebrations with the events in Docklands:
- Weekend events along Harbour Esplanade, with Asian cuisine from The Food Truck Park from 12pm and drinks until late as the sun sets over the water. Join the festival to try The Hungry Panda, Satay Truck, Nem N’ Nem, Knife and Fork, Chatime Australia, Flying Woks, Kimu – Korean Japanese Eatery, 196 Below and more, with options rotating daily
- Spectacular light show at 888 Collins Street (arguably Melbourne’s luckiest address) from sunset to midnight, playing every hour on the hour each night
- Chinese New Year-themed LED light show at the Melbourne Star Observation Wheel, playing every night
- Festival offer at the Melbourne Star: Between 27 January and 12 February, use the code word ‘Rooster 2017’ at the Melbourne Star ticket to receive 2 for 1 General Admission tickets (Adult and Child)
- Dragon Boat racing demonstrations and ‘come and try’ sessions on the water
Go to the Chinese New Year Melbourne Festival website for more information and details on city-wide events.
See more about The Food Truck Park
Photo from Instagram #cnymelbourne